Saturday, October 10, 2020

A new leaf

Welcome back to me! And let's hope this time there will be some semblance of consistency. 

I took my weekend walk along a new trail this morning, and it was lovely. This is a beautiful time of year in northern Illinois, and I've enjoyed the transition from summer to fall so much these last weeks. 

It was cool enough while I was motoring along for a sweatshirt, but warm enough for shorts, and the breeze meant that leaves were fluttering through the air from the trees to the ground, which we all know is magical. 

I walked long enough that I now have an enormous blister on my left foot, and my right knee is complaining loudly, but it was worth every wince and hobble, and I plan to do it again next Saturday. 




1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so happy to see you in the blogging world again,I missed you! These pictures are amazing! I wish I could have been on that walk with you! I don't get colors like that here in Texas. But I also don't get those freezing cold winters, as you know.

Keep blogging, friend! I can't wait to read your next one!