Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The road to the run

Run #4, Monday:
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 19 minutes 7 seconds
Color of my face each time I finish: MAGENTA
Fun running trivia: In 2007 an astronaut named Suni Williams ran a marathon tethered to a treadmill on the International Space Station.
Song of the run: Machinehead - Bush

"Sweat silently. Let's have no squawking about a little expenditure of energy." Martin H. Fischer



Run #5, earlier today, brought to you by the following:
- One ankle brace
- Two knee braces
- A finish almost an entire minute slower than #4
- The dropping of my ipod, somewhere between the track and the walk back to the car; it is lost and gone forever, dreadful sorry, Clementine...
- A massive and very un-ladylike nosebleed in the bath after we got home

All of this = a very cranky me. I'm cranky just typing about it.

But. I finished, and I'm healthy enough to try this in the first place, which I'm sensible enough to recognize even in a raging temper. Besides, there's always #6, coming up in a jiffy.

The official stats -
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 19 minutes 55 seconds
Now reading: Runner's World Guide to Injury Prevention
Very grateful for: a husband who will run with me, listen to me gripe and complain, drive all the way back to the track to look for the missing ipod, and stand as a human toilet paper dispenser while I bleed all over the bathroom
Song of the run: Round and Round - Ratt

"Little by little does the trick." Aesop

No comments: