Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Hot time, summer in the city

Yesterday I went to the library and the grocery store. I made dulce de leche and baked a batch of graham crackers. I jumped around in the garage to a step aerobics DVD. I even managed both a bath and a nap.

As a reward for such an insufferable, grueling schedule, I spent all evening lolling around on a blanket in the sweetest little park. I read magazines, had a nice, long chat with my sis, and ogled my husband while he tore it up on the court.

Summer and I are very, very good friends.




And now, in The Road to the Run news:
Run #2 this morning went something like this -
Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 14 min 14 sec (21 seconds faster than Monday! Zoooooooooooom!)
Song of the day: Right Now - Van Halen

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

No comments: