Monday, November 06, 2006

Occupational hazard

It's dangerous sometimes working as a housewife. I decided today it would be wise to clean out the microwave before it reached a point of no return. The best way I can think of to get weeks of splattered chili and oatmeal, etc off the inside is to microwave a mug of water and then let the steam do its thing. This way I don't have to use a chisel. So I did this, and it was working, but I didn't take the mug out of the microwave before I started wiping away. Instead I tried to work around it, but the mug was very hot still, and I bumped it and now I have a burn as proof. Poor, poor me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya crazy nut gotta be carful with that hot water eh tell ya a safer way .....soak a rag in water no more then 5min but put it over the dirty places and it will soften the hard spots did it all the time at work in the kitchens

Hilary said...

Thank you Jeremy :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Hilary, we are sorry! What a tender place to have a burn.
It was fitting that your burn picture was just after your caption of the post before - about crummy days.

Anonymous said...

sorry hil. I can also warn you as a fellow housewife to turn off the breaker before messing around with electrical wiring.