Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hot time, summer in the city

First of all, we don't live in the city, but The Lovin' Spoonful didn't write a song about summer in a tiny town so we'll make due with what we have.

Our friend Charity has been writing lately about the super fun plans she and her family have for the summer, and I'm going to copy her. (I think everyone is calling this their summer bucket list, but that term makes me squirm, so I'm changing the name.) Anyway, here we go!

The JM & H Show Making Summer Awesome List:
- Berry picking! Strawberries & raspberries & marionberries, piles and piles of them!
- Freezer jam making!
- Hiking! Here and there and everywhere, thank you very much.
- Camping! At a lake, near the ocean, in the mountains & in our own backyard, too!
- Cobbler eating! With ice cream, of course!
- Frozen yogurt dates! There's a new shop opening on Main Street at the end of the month & I think we might become regulars.
- Thursday night running dates at the track! Lots of times I have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into running, but once we're there,  I'm so glad to to be under the sun with Jan Michael sailing along ahead of me. Besides, running dates help make cobbler & frozen yogurt less dangerous :)
- A bunch of being outside, whatever that ends up looking like. Naps on the deck, for one thing, and chasing sunsets, for another..

What else? I think I'll leave it at that for now. The handy thing about lists is that you can always add to them, right? :)

And one last thing: I'm very taken with this picture lately; somehow it captures just what June has felt like to me, in all of its green, bright, sunny glory. If July mimics what we've had this month, I might spend more time outside than in!

No comments: