Friday, May 11, 2012

Contrary me

Do you know what I think? I think I'd better quit announcing my grandiose plans on here - a family portrait every day for a month, sharing my 3 good things - because as soon as I do, I'm hit with the worst apathy toward blogging. It sort of steals my thunder when I feel like I have to post a bunch of things just because I said I would; somehow it makes it seem like a chore instead of sharing from a truly happy place, if that makes any sense.

There have, of course, been so many lovely, good things these past days:
- A chat on the phone with our Gran
- A blackberry pie, which actually was a big, fat flop: a watery, soupy mess ... but I had tons of fun baking it!
- The sun, the sun, the sun, the sun, the sun! And more of it this weekend, they say!
- The lambs that are pastured in the field just as we cross the bridge into our tiny town
- A Cannelloni al Forno recipe that was a smashing success - it more than made up for the pie disaster!
- Our 14th anniversary, just two days ago
- Goodbye and good riddance to Jan Michael's sore throat
- Progress on our interior door project
- Mother's Day treats for our very deserving Mamas
- A weekend, starting tonight, loaded with dear friends and games and jumping on trampolines

I wonder if I broadcast my intention to quit posting things,  some crazy reverse psychology will kick in and I'll get back in the game :)



No comments: