Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Sweet days

Two years ago next month, our youngest brother Ryan packed up and moved across the mountains. Until last Saturday, I'd laid eyes on him only once, for a measly 2 or 3 hours, and Jan Michael had not seen him at all. Phone calls are nice, but they do not cut it where brothers and sisters are concerned, and believe me when I say we will not allow such a thing to happen again.

On Saturday we zipped across the pass to finally (finally!!) spend the night with our long-lost, desperately missed brother. We brought him back with us on Sunday and spent two wonderful days lying around, just being together. He's spending the week with our Dad in Augusta, rubbing elbows with Vijay Singh and Fred Couples at a practice round of the Masters, and then we'll see him again on Friday for a little while when they fly back into town, just before he leaves again to go home.

I've loved our time together, the three of us yakking and laughing and sitting side by side. It's been so precious and I've tucked it all away in the memory box of my heart; it will help make waiting to do it again a little easier.

No comments: