Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Wisdom Teeth Chronicles

Jan Michael had his wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. Besides the IV which they used at the office to knock him out, they also gave him medicine to take 1 hour before the surgery. It's generally used for people who suffer from insomnia, and am I ever sorry for anyone who has to take this stuff! It's a force to be reckoned with, there's no two ways about it! Anyway, since this would be the closest he would ever come to being under the influence of any alcohol or drugs, we thought it would be fun to document the journey from lucidity to complete oblivion. You can hardly see a thing in the first and last videos because I took them in the dark, but it's the middle ones that are especially laugh-enducing. My poor, poor, precious husband... :)





4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hilarious! Jan Michael gets the good sport award! I remember when the oral surgeon put the medicine in the iv to knock me loopy. I was looking through a window with venetian blinds that were partially open. The blinds began to look wavy and I remember laughing hysterically and trying to make myself stop because I was still lucid enough to know that there wasn't anything funny going on. :)

Amanda said...

What a great video op! You guys know when to take advantage of the "little things". Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Awesome. I'll make sure to stock more juice for the next time you visit.

Jan Michael said...

:)