Thursday, July 02, 2009

Part 5

We had lots of time Thursday morning to dilly-dally about the campsite - we weren't due at Judith Landing to exchange the canoes for the car until 3:00, and we only had a handful of miles to travel.
Sara whipped up something nutritionally sound for breakfast....
but since I can't be bothered with that sort of thing while roughing it in the wilderness, my precious husband and I had Spam for the third morning in a row.
Or rather, I had Spam. And the rest of the Pop-Tarts and a bunch of applesauce. Well, not really. I could have eaten it all myself, I'm sure, but who could resist such a face?
Sara and I were ever in good hands with the Navigator and Mountain Man at the helm. It's hard to believe this is one of the last pictures we have of our time on the river. Serious fun makes time fly for sure!
We didn't have long to wait once we unloaded the canoes at the landing...
and then we were on the road again to find a campsite somewhere between the river and Glacier National, which was next on the itinerary.
'Big Sky Country' is right on the money.

No comments: