Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A sporting evening

Before I post the pictures from the river on Saturday, I'll post these from last night. Our ministers, Jenith and Julie, came for dinner, and after a feast of fish we engaged in two very serious games of croquet on the front lawn. Shots of croquet playing aren't super exciting, I know, but we love these ladies and want to show off our time with them :)
My husband, undisputed croquet champion of the valley!
It was the intense concentration displayed here that propelled Julie to two 2nd place finishes.
Jenith held tightly to 3rd place in each round, and was heard muttering to herself, "Jenith, if you had a brain, you'd be dangerous."
I came screeching in at dead last both games. As it turns out, croquet is not my event :)

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Croquet isn't my game either. :P I hit to hard. :P Sending hellos from our gang and hoping your summer is safe and fun!

Anonymous said...

Good show! Love, Gayle & John