Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekend round-up

Unacceptable. And that is all I will say about snow just three days before April.


Last night I went to my first ever "I Like Your Sweater Better" party. I'm so sorry if you've never been to one, because they're heaps of fun. A whole bunch of girls converged on Ivona's house (thank you, Ivona!) with bags and bags of clothes we didn't want or need anymore; we piled them all around the living room, and went shopping. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy digging through mountains of skirts and eating oatmeal cookies and watching impromptu fashion shows, but you'll be pleased to know I used my time wisely and came home with one shirt, one dress, one pair of pants, two pairs of shorts, two sweaters, and three skirts.


This afternoon we had Julie and Jenith (our ministers) over for lunch, and that was, as it always is, a lovely time. I would have liked to take a picture of this, too, but I didn't. I'm sure I was distracted by the preparation of our very fancy, extremely labor-intensive lunch of soup and bread.


Then, earlier tonight, we went to the home of our friends Caleb and Jen, who have recently adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia. They traveled to Africa in February to bring him home, but today was their official "Welcome Denekew!" open house. We met him several weeks ago, but never miss an opportunity to hold him and coo at him and pat his little round tummy. Caleb and Jen are very proud parents, Ocean & Jaguar are a doting big brother and big sister, and we are thrilled for them all :)

2 comments:

Lainey said...

I am so bummed that I wimped out on the big party. Beth keeps telling me how fun it all was! By the way I am so jealous that you get to have such good looking goats both on your blog. Lucky!

Amanda said...

I am SO borrowing your "I like your sweater better" title. Going to plan it!