Thursday, February 01, 2007

The answer to your Valentine's Day dilemma

I just heard a commerical on the radio and it's too funny not to share. It was for one of the natural, organic grocery stores around here, and it went something like this: Valentine's Day is coming up, and maybe there's someone special you'd like to buy a gift for, but you're not sure if you're ready to give roses or chocolates. How about giving one of our fabulous jars of marinated mushrooms with garlic instead?

Hahahahahahaha. Personally, I don't think you could actually give, as a serious gift, a jar of marinated mushrooms with garlic unless you were well-acquainted with that certain semi-special someone in the first place. What a random, weird thing to toss in someone's lap. It's sends a fairly ambiguous message, if you ask me. And I don't think the commercial was meant as a joke, either. At least, the guy didn't sound sarcastic. I do tend to be on the slow side sometimes, so I suppose it's possible that it's all a farce, but I'm choosing to believe it's validity because it's giving me a good laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now if that certain someone special had a certain phobia about Dracula maybe they would appreciate the garlic!?
Seriously it was good for a laugh to think about wrapping up a jar of garlic mushrooms to give to your sweetie!

Anonymous said...

And I so was wondering what I should get Chris for Valentine's Day this year...thanks :) ha ha ha!