Monday, October 16, 2006

Ground turkey is for the birds. Heh.

One of the things I appreciate about being a stay-at-home wife (and there are many, believe me) is the freedom to loaf around the house in whatever sort of get-up I want. I got away with quite a few things, outfit-wise, at my job in the doctor's office (flip-flops, etc) but my blue knee-highs and three-sizes-too-big sweatshirt would never have flown.

On a completely different note, I've heard it said lots of times that one of the things we can do with other people's mistakes is learn from them, so I will now post one of mine. Upon Jan Michael's request, I was fixing a big batch of Sloppy Joes for lunch. In an effort to be healthy, I decided to use ground turkey instead of hamburger. BIG, GIGUNDOUS MISTAKE. Let this be a lesson to all of you. I am a big fan of turkey, particularly on Thanksgiving, but something must happen in the grinding process to make it completely revolting. Maybe there are things ground up with the turkey that are better left un-thought of. At any rate, blech, blech, retch. A savings of 1 gram of fat and 20 calories is not worth it, my friends. Thank you for listening.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Sloppy joes are a concoction of hamburger (usually) and a tomato-y sort of sauce. Most of the time you eat them with a hamburger bun. The brand name for the sauce is Manwich, so I guess they're just a masculine sandwich :)

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute is what I say about your picture! I like your outfit.
Maybe bison would be closer to ground beef?

Anonymous said...

bison an brocklie are goooodFOR you sed the precious phloxee

Anonymous said...

Hi Hilary! I am a friend of Alison Whitehead and since she "advertises" your web on her My Friends column, I've been taking a peek now and then. Let me tell you, you are a HOOT!! I always find myself laughing out loud! Thanks for the great entertainment! :)

Jen from Wyoming