Friday, January 11, 2008

Reason #957 that Jan Michael is the best husband for me.

This will contain more mush, so you can turn back now if you like to avoid proclamations of loooove and gratitude, etc.

We were taking a walk this afternoon to the store. It was a nice day for a walk - fairly chilly (which makes for good hand-holding weather, ahem), but the sky was clear and blue, and there wasn't a raindrop in sight. And the route to the store was pleasant, too - through a long residential section and then down a big hill. There were other people out, as well, riding skateboards and walking dogs and pushing baby carriages. But in the middle of our stroll I got sick. Nauseous and weak, with the realization that continuing on to the store would be a bad, bad, really bad idea. And so, we turned around. And Jan Michael took off at a sprint, back up the hill, through the long residential section, up the other hill that comes right before our house, and dived into the car and raced back to pick me up. He drove me home, helped me in the door, divested me of my sweatshirt, tucked me in on the couch and brought me water. And this is one of the reasons I thank my lucky stars (actually, it's God whom I thank; luck has nothing to do with it) that I am married to Jan Michael.

Thank you for reading :)

9 comments:

Lainey said...

You know, that is really sweet! I think I love Jan Michael more now too. He is a keeper! I am so glad he knows how to take care of his woman.

Amanda said...

AAAAAhhhhh.Thanks for the warm fuzzies.

Anonymous said...

ten 4, yor fans

Anonymous said...

You know: we just LOVE to hear this kind of stuff! Your fans, John & Gayle

Anonymous said...

What a great story!!! It made me smile! :) But what didn't make me smile so much...are you OK?!?! You didn't follow up, but I hope you haven't caught anything and that you're feeling better. :) You don't need to divulge more information if you don't want to, but I *do* want you to know that I hope you're feeling better. :)

Jeff & Aleigh said...

That is definitely a VERY sweet husband!! I'm so glad that he takes good care of you!! Are you ok?! :o)

Hilary said...

You are all sweet to wonder if I'm OK :) I'm fine - I think I probably just ate food that didn't agree with me.

And thank you for the kind comments about Jan Michael. That makes me happy, too :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie (you too Hil)! It is so touching when our men do the simplest things - but they mean so much! I hope you are feeling better!

Troy and Beth said...

Bring on the mush! Those who don't like it just need more of it!!!