Saturday, January 26, 2008

She walks in beauty like the night...

In today's post, we shall stop and consider the following things:

1. How glad we are that it is no longer 1987.
2. Whether or not my parents were stockholders in Aqua Net.
3. The probability that I am single-handedly responsible for the hole in the ozone layer.
4. The likelihood that my parents were forced to take out a second mortgage on their home in order to afford the extensive orthdontic work I underwent beginning the following year.
5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how thoughtless & unkind my orthodontist was in saying that he would use my "before" picture to scare other patients on Halloween.
6. How thankful we are that, really, when we get down to brass tacks, how we look doesn't make one bit of difference, but...
7. Sometimes, years & years later, we can remember how we once looked and have a good, cleansing laugh about it.

4 comments:

Lainey said...

I love your title. Your hair is very impressive, mine was more of a wave in the front made by using alligator clips when my hair was wet. Not near as "in" as what you sported. When does it change that we look back and laugh to when we look back and wish....for that younger, slimmer version of ourselves.

Anonymous said...

there she goes... miss america...

Amanda said...

10...certianly! That mean man, doesn't he know a growing up girl when he sees one?

Troy and Beth said...

I don't know if I'm brave enough to post a pic of me *grin...I'd hate to be competive...cause really what you are missing are some HUGE glasses in pink plastic frames.

Lainey...I am becoming that younger, slimmer version! *Grin (for every 5 pounds I lose I'm subtracting a year in age)