Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

We took only a few pictures of our long weekend, but have lots of special memories to hold in our hearts. We zipped over the mountains Friday and spent a fun night in Ellensburg with Jan's parents. On Saturday we made our way north to visit Jan's Grandma Phyllis, who is 90 years young and in a nursing home. We hadn't seen her in several years, and I'm so glad to have had time with her. We looked at old pictures and sang hymns, and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to visit again.


Saturday afternoon we waved good-bye to Jan's parents and flew down the road to my Grandma's house, where we spent the rest of the weekend. My parents were there, too, and we kept ourselves busy with games of Rummikub, Rock Band jam sessions, croquet in the front yard, and very special trips to the cemetary to visit my Grandpa, Oma, Opa & uncle. The entire weekend was priceless, from start to finish, and we are grateful :)

2 comments:

Daisy said...

priceless weekends are my favorites. :)

Anonymous said...

It WAS priceless! Thank you two for the very special memories - we can't say thank you enough!
I saw your mom at Fullers yesterday, she said the same.
Your loving fans,