Saturday, March 03, 2012

Free-as-bird Saturday

Do you know what I like about a Saturday that's completely free of plans and arrangements, even very fun plans and arrangments? I like the things that get accomplished.

For instance:
- Jan Michael plays early morning basketball.
- A vast amount of laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away.
- My underwear drawer is re-organized.
- We take a nap.
- I intrench myself more firmly in the world of Pinterest.
- We take a lovely late afternoon walk, slow and meandering, with the wind blowing and the sun shining.
- I do a hefty amount of jumping around in the garage to compensate for the bag of microwave popcorn and the six white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I ate the night before. Here is proof:
Fact: Tuck jumps are hard.

Something else I appreciate about a free Saturday is that I reserve the right to ignore certain things, like unearthing the kitchen counters from two feet of dirty dishes.

Now, about the photo challenge: Yesterday the topic was fruit, but all I could come up with was a really terrible picture of dried kiwis at the grocery store. Not dazzling at all. So, I'm cheating and using a picture from a few years ago, which to me is quite dazzling, what with the haze and the deer and the apples and everything:

Today's assignment is 'your neighborhood' but the fact of the matter is that our little neighborhood is nothing to write home about these days (too much winter & not enough spring, I think), and I'm sort of turning up my nose at not-so-pretty pictures lately. This means I'm going to cheat again, but this time it's really flagrant because for one thing, neither of us took the picture in the first place and secondly, this is nowhere near our house. It is, however, a neighborhood, and it's a neighborhood that Derek and Sara used to live by, and it makes me remember how much fun we had that night, the four of us with our bikes and our basketball, riding the teeter-totter and turning cartwheels in the grass as the sun set.

No comments: