Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weekend

I like goats, and I especially like Jan Michael, so I really like this picture. It's from the fair a couple of years ago. I keep it on the kitchen counter.

Last night our friends Craig and Christina came over. We ordered dinner from a barbeque restaurant in town (which we will not be doing again, but I really hope they're successful) and then spent the evening eating ice cream and playing Taboo and Battle of the Sexes, which the boys won. Apparently Christina & I need to brush up on our college basketball trivia. We made lots of plans for mountain biking and hiking when the weather is nicer. It was great, great fun.

Today we had a lovely visit from John and Gayle. We ate an enormous lunch and then wandered around a bookstore. It is always wonderful to spend time with them. Fortunate me to have married into such a family. (As a side note, just before leaving for home, they gave us a bag of white chocolate-covered pretzels. They drove off, we opened the bag, and ate them all. Will we ever learn? I'm still holding out hope...)

Next weekend we're planning on heading south to help Brent and Danny with their house-building project. We haven't contributed to that yet, and it's high time. Also I'm hoping we might be able to see my parents for a little bit. I'm looking forward to it all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AND we had a lovely time with you kids!
And got to see the results of you kids' hard work with the kitchen sink, bathroom paint job and new light and all the yard work you've done.
Thanks for the yummy lunch.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.