Friday, February 09, 2007

Just around the bend....

Spring is coming and I can prove it. Today I opened the bathroom window and I could smell spring in the air. I didn't have to wear my parka, gloves, scarf & boots when I went to the store, AND I was able to muck around in the yard because the ground wasn't frozen. Besides that, there are two tulips popping up in one of the flowerbeds. Furthermore, I took a walk with my friends Jennifer & Tara and I did not come home blue and numb from the cold. It's all LOVELY and it makes me give a great, contented sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ready for spring too! can't wait for a bike ride on a sunny day with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I planted some colorful plants in the flower pots this late afternoon - I am so ready too!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how we can smell spring before we can see it. Anyway, around here things are still in winter hibernation and yet I can smell the spring in the wind. Where does it come from?