Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Latest endeavor

I've been quite inspired lately to get outside and spruce up our yard. I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the work; it's pretty gratifying to tidy up something that's a certifiable mess. I've started in front of the house and am slowing winding my way around, pruning like crazy and ripping out ground cover and weeds. The area above has been the most trying for two reasons. First, the wild rose bush was so completely out of control and overgrown that I had to cut a lot of it back just to be able to get to the flower bed, which (and this is reason #2) had been almost entirely over-taken by grass. And grass has very strong roots, I've learned. There are so many piles of weeds and old leaves, etc lying around the yard that I wish we had three or four more yard waste bins. Maybe the neighbors will take pity on us and lend us their's :) In other house news, on Monday we're having the kitchen window box and the sliding door in the downstairs replaced. Eventually we'd like to replace all the windows in the house, but that's a project that will have to taken in very small, spaced-out steps. Also, sometime in the next month or so, we're having the deck re-finished. One of these days we'll need to buy some deck furniture and then we'll actually be able to use it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - good work! It is gratifying to see such progress, isn't it?!