Monday, August 20, 2012

Sweet treats & sky-high heels

Last Tuesday my two favorite 7 and 9 year-old girlies came over for a cupcake baking party. Naturally the only fitting thing to bake on such an occasion was a batch of Lady Lucinda's Lemon Lulu Cupcakes with Stupendously Scrumptious Strawberry Frosting. We spent all morning playing in the kitchen, and believe me when I tell you those two can measure sugar, spread lemon curd and wield piping bags with the best of 'em! I think we're going to make this a quarterly event; it was much too much fun to wait a whole year to do it again!

Then, just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, I made the very momentous decision about which shoes to wear to our sis's wedding. (Incredibly serious contemplation going on around here these days, as you can plainly see.) I have a sneaking suspicion that they're too young for me, but never mind! The color and the black piping and very ladylike straps sucked me right in, and besides, they were on sale! I also suspect that I really have no business parading around in 6-inch heels, but I've decided that should the worst happen and I trip at the reception and end up in the grass, legs and arms all akimbo, at least no one will ever forget Shannon's special day :)
And you would think, wouldn't you, that with a backdrop of screwdrivers and hammers, I took this picture in the garage or something, but no - it's in our bedroom on our dresser. We're still staining all of our interior doors, the very same doors we started working on IN APRIL, and there is no escaping the 2 trillion tools lying all over the house :)

No comments: