Monday, January 02, 2012

January valley

Yesterday I decided that today would be just the day for exploring around a waterfall. Jan Michael was agreeable, and this morning, off we went.
Our exploring turned into take-two-pictures-from-the-observation-point and go-back-to-where-we-came-from because the trail leading to the bottom of the waterfall is closed for maintenance until 2013. 2013! I pouted for a few minutes and then bucked up when Jan Michael said he would take me to a park on the way home. Sometimes it doesn't take much :)

I don't care what anybody says, winter is not all death and gray and yuck! Between now and spring, I'll do my fair share of grumbling - 'WHERE is the SUN?!!' but today - and lots of other days, too, I know - winter is quiet and peaceful and beautiful.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos Hilary, and I couldn't agree more. Winter has it's own beauty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I agree with you completely on winter! xoxo Love, Lynn

Jenny said...

Beautiful pictures as always. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Hilary said...

Thank you, ladies! It was a beautiful day, for sure! :)