The following fun is brought to you by Pinterest. I've decided the only way to justify the time I spend on there is to actually try some of the things I find.
PUMPKIN SPICE SUGAR SCRUB
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup + 1 Tbsp oil - vegetable, sunflower or safflower
1. Mx the sugars and pumpkin pie spice until there are no lumps:
2. Add the oil and mix well. Put into clean, sealed jars and store for months out of direct sunlight, just like you would store oil:
3. Take a nice, long shower & scrub yourself down. (No picture of this, ha!) Skip your face, though - I think it's too abrasive. Then, if I were you, I'd follow up the scrub with a nice slathering of cocoa butter from the dollar store. But that's just me :)
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Mix everything together. Apply the mask to your face & let sit for 30 minutes - maybe while you listen to Bryan Adams Radio on Pandora & mess around on Pinterest. (Before putting it on your face, you may want to test it on your wrist, just to be sure you don't have a bad reaction. I, of course, somehow missed this step, so we'll see in a few minutes if disaster has struck.)
2. Wash the mask off with warm water, rubbing in circular motions for (in my case) much needed exfoliation.
There now. An all-natural evening at your very own spa without breaking the bank!
Our Texas Road Trip: Part 1
3 months ago