Monday, January 08, 2007

New year, new project

This is the border that runs all along the wall just below the ceiling in our hall bathroom. Someone worked very hard to stencil all of those little hearts and leaves, but I must say, that sort of thing is not my cup of tea. I've wanted to be rid of them ever since we bought the house, but it has taken this long for me to stop daydreaming about it and actually get down to business. So this morning I forced myself to be productive, and a couple of hours later.....
No more stencils! Of course, what you see here is just a bunch of primer on the walls, and it will probably take another two weeks for me to finish, but it's part-way done just the same. Also, I'm making it sound like I've done this all by myself, but Jan Michael is the one who dismantled the toilet so I could paint behind it without doing all sorts of crazy contortions, and he took the mirror off the wall and helped me take apart the light fixture. And I have a feeling that he'll be the one to put everything back together again. Behind every painting wife is a helpful husband :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed, by the painting and the removal of the toilet - that is not an easy job!