Monday, October 30, 2006

Me and my dad


When my parents bought their house about 13 years ago, there weren't enough bedrooms for all of us to have our own. So my dad built one for me out of an old attic space that was completely walled off from the rest of the house. I lived in it, and then my brother, and then my other brother, but for the last few years it's just been used as a spare room. For quite awhile my dad has entertained the idea of having a golf room, one in which he could display his golf memorabilia, as well as watch golf (and other sports, too) and practice putting. I think he realized recently that in order for his dream to come true, he'd better get down to business before one of us moved back in and took over the room yet again (which, if you know my family, is not altogether out of the question). So with a little bit of paint, some comfy chairs, and all of his golf collection, he's made himself quite the cozy retreat. I was able to spend some time with him this weekend, and I will say this: Sitting with my dad in his new room, eating Liverwurst while he serenaded me with his harmonica, makes for some pretty sweet memories. Love you, Dad :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty spiffy! Thanks for sharing good memories with us.