Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cranberries

I've been feeling a little sheepish for carrying on so gleefully about all of the Thanksgiving dessert I'm about to indulge in (4 days & counting, ahem!) and thought that instead of sharing another cheesecake recipe, I'd post a tried-and-true, simple & quick, really scrumptious recipe for cranberry sauce. It would be nice, I thought, to show everyone that our Thankgsiving dinner will include something other than butter and cream cheese and pudding. Then I looked at the nutritional information and discovered that one serving of this stuff probably has the same amount of calories and fat as a doughnut. Sigh. Well, I tried, anyway :)
Baked Cranberry Sauce (again, from Taste of Home)

1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup orange marmalade
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yields 10 servings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest baby girl - that's Hilary in case you need help figuring it out - brought this for Thanksgiving dinner. Absolutely delicious! Try it. You won't be disappointed.

Arnie (Dad)

Hilary said...

Dad!! I'm happy you liked it so well, especially since we left you with 5 lbs of leftovers :) Counting the days until White Christmas!!