Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Craftiness

I have begun the long and very often aggravating process of Christmas card making. I really like to be able to send everyone cards of my own creation, but it takes me a hundred years to think of what I want to do, and then much, much longer to cut, glue, stamp, fold, emboss, etc, etc until I have a finished product (hence, the aggravation). Lately one of my favorite tools is called (at least by me and my friend Jennifer) "The Ripper" which lets me rip paper in order to have fancy edges. I have learned that, although an eager ripper, I am not an expert ripper. A lot of times I rip at a diagonal when really I want a straight line, or I rip a piece of paper that ends up being too small, and then I have a huge pile of useless scraps (as evidenced above). But if ripped edges is integral to the design, then rip and rip and rip I must until I have the perfect result. Anyway, this is how I'm spending tonight because it's cold and icy outside and I'm trying to fight off a cold (which means I can't go anywhere), and besides, if I don't get going on these things, I'll never be finished in time.

Hmmm. I've just read through my paragraph, and it has a decidedly whiny, complainy tone to it. So I apologize. I really do like to make my own cards, and I'm thankful to have dear family and friends to send them to, and also thankful for Jennifer who lets me borrow all of her crafty supplies because I'm too cheap to buy my own, and also that I have a warm house to rip in (ahem) while the wind and snow blows outside.

No comments: